LongTail Video is now JW Player - New Name, Same Passion For Video

Close

Open Video Ads Forums

CATEGORY:

/

Setting up Flowplayer + OVA + SmartAdserver

3 replies [Last post]

Hello all

I am implementing a pre-roll ad for a player, and the configuration information is just chaotic.

I just need an example of how to configure a flowplayer, with OVA and using SmartAdserver.

Is it possible for the developers to create a template with minimum configuration just to see how it is? I will add more features later to that minimum configuration.

If anyone could help, it would be really great. I am even thinking on switching to any other player, because this is taking too much time to start.

Thank you!!!

The easiest way to configure an ad server that is not supported directly by OVA is to use a "direct" connection.

A "direct" connection assumes you have a complete VAST ad tag that can just be called directly to return a VAST response from an ad server. Some ad servers require the VAST ad tag to be dynamically generated where additional information is appended to the URL.

The guide for "direct" connections is here:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/13054/direct-ova-configuration-guide

If for example, you wish to serve a pre-roll ad on a direct connection, the configuration is as follows:

{
"ads": {
"servers": [
{
"type": "direct",
"tag": "put-your-ad-server-vast-ad-tag-here"
}
],
"schedule": [
{
"position": "pre-roll"
}
]
}
}

or you can add the tag directly to the pre-roll declaration as follows:

{
{
"server": {
}
}
]
}
}

The configuration for DoubleClick DART is an example where the "direct" ad server connection is used. An example of a VAST 2 connection is here:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/open-video-ads/ova-for-flowplayer/13429/a-vast-20-pre-roll-ad-o...

Hope this helps,

Please feel to fire off more specific questions if you struggle to get a connection to SmartAdServer working.

Paul.

Sorry, I forgot to wrap code tags around the JSON config. Here is the config with more appropriate formatting:

{
       "servers": [
            {
            }
       ],
            {
            }
       ]
   }
}

or you can add the tag directly to the pre-roll declaration as follows:

{
           {
               "server": {
               }
           }
       ]
   }
}

Thank you. We switched to adtonomy, because of the easyness to install. And we do not VAST either.

Still don't have the new JW Player? Get It Here