LongTail Video is now JW Player - New Name, Same Passion For Video

Close

Bits on the Run Forums

CATEGORY:

/

Downgrade to free version

8 replies [Last post]

Hi,

I am currently using the pro pay as you go service but I'd be better off with the free service until I finish building. How do I go back to the free service?

thanks.

It is not possible to go back, if you want to use a free account, you will have to create a new account.

Remco, how do you stop payment and delete your account?

There aren't any recurring charges, so there are no future payments that need to be stopped. We can delete accounts if you contact us directly.

I'm really a little disappointed about that with a Pro account I have to pay for storage and delivery even when the amount of a free account is not reached.

When I purchased a Pro account I naturally thought that the free amount would always be subtracted.

What about changing this?

I'm sorry, but changing this isn't feasible from a technical point of view.

Why? Your service is great, it has a lot of cool features - they all had to be technically realized ... it is just subtracting always 1 GB from delivery and host amount, isn't it?

It is not that simple, and implementing something of the like is simply too much work for too little value, so we can't afford to build it.

Okay, got it. I would ask more if this was really very important to me. But it isn't. Anyway, thank you for taking time to answer.