Embed Videos with our Joomla Plugin
Our custom Joomla Plugin enables video quicktags in your posts. A video quicktag
looks like this: [bitsontherun CzOKBiEk]. When the page containing a quicktag is
corresponding video in your Bits on the Run account.
- Login to your Joomla backend as administrator.
- Click the Extensions » Install/Uninstall menu item.
- Perform the installation using one of the three methods. The message Install Plugin Success will appear.
- Click the Extensions » Plugin Manager menu item.
- Click the Content - Botr entry in the list of plugins. This will open the settings page.
- Click the Yes radio button following the Enabled label.
- In the Plugin Parameters section on the right side of the screen you can enter the key of the default player that will be used to render your videos. A list of players in your account can be found here. When you click a player name in the list, its key will be shown in the Player Summary list on the right of the screen.
- If you have created a DNS mask (CNAME) for our content server, you can enter it here as well.
- If you want to use signed video links, enter your API secret and the number of minutes you want your the links to stay valid. You can find your API secret on your account page. Don't forget to select secure player embeds in the Secure Content section of your account page. Read this tutorial for more info on securing your videos.
- Click apply or save.
Simply enter the quicktag where you want the video to show up on your page. You can find a video's key by clicking on its entry in the list of videos on your account.
If you want to override the default player for a given video, simply
append a dash and the corresponding player key to video key in the quicktag
For example: [bitsontherun MdkflPz7-35rdi1pO].
Note that the quicktag is not yet converted when you preview your post. It will convert once the post is viewed through the website.